Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Give Me The Heat, then I'll Add The Wood

Evidence before faith... sounds much like something I learned from Earl Nightingale when he would say about the man at the fire place, "First you give me heat and then I'll add the wood." Part of the process is faith. Faith is like putting the kindling, the fuel, and bringing the fire to the fire place.

We wouldn't begin to start building a fire if we did not have faith that it would warm us up once lit. All too often, critics of the church are asking us for the heat when if they intend to build their own fire, they must follow the steps that we did; so if we're warming up by what you think is a non existent fire, then I suppose you just don't know.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche Suggested Reading: Alma Chapters 22, 32

No comments: