Friday, August 30, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Celestial Kingdom...



Life has it's ways to create distractions and deter us in the way. It has been over 1 year since I have acted out in such a way that proved serious enough to talk with my ecclesiastical authority. This day passes for sure as of the 1st of September. I had a sore repentance and it caused my body and soul much anxiety and depression. I'd like to bear a brief testimony to you all before fast and testimony meeting is to come. I may be doing there as well. Here it goes.

In 2013 My testimony has grown; 1) The Lord answers my prayers and that of my wife. Back in September/October, we decided to have another baby and it had been 8 years since. Our prayer was that she should have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. We asked for a girl and the Lord blessed us with one of his children. I am grateful to be a steward for one of his children and to have her in our family now. Summer is going on 2 months old. I now have a calling in my meeting house as a membership clerk in charge of keeping track of the church membership. (Assistant to the Clerk) and I love serving in the Lord's kingdom with this calling and that of being a father to 4 beautiful children.

2) I have a testimony of Tithing and earnest prayer; that the Lord indeed has and will continue to prosper me in my efforts to take care of my family. Without fail, every month, we are able to qualify for an extra bonus with my company and I attribute paying tithing as part of this benefit. One time, I qualified for that bonus on the first day of the month; out of the blue, as if right out of the Ether, I get a call from one of my cousins who asked me if I could sell him a sleep system. I said SURE! The Lord continues to show me how the windows of heaven may be opened up unto me but until this time, he takes care of me and my family day to day and with patience, I follow. He has never let me go hungry and my bills have all been paid. We always have what we need or want. I have been self employed since June of 2009 and I remain independent on self running on my own steam and this is how one works. Work as if it depended on myself alone but pray as if it depended on God for his help and guidance...

So it ended up being a 1,500 dollar order of which my cut was 20%. It came right before tax season. With that sale, we had our 200-300 extra in profit to then pay for our tax debt which wouldn't be much but it was there and we didn't have to borrow. In this manner has my testimony grown. This and that God helps or helped me to understand the anxiety and depression I was going through and for me to understand that he is ALWAYS there by my side even if my own body was or is incapable. It has been over 1 year since I made a covenant with the Lord to behave more like one of his disciples and more like the Christian man in Israel that I ought to be and the priesthood holder that he would more like me to be. I have a long way to go. I know the power of the atonement is a very real thing; and that God who is our heavenly father is earnestly interested in every single one of us and our lives, based on his ability to snatch me out from the awful hell I had created for myself.

This is my testimony to you of which I leave to you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

No comments: