Sunday, April 21, 2013

God Spared Me So That I Might Repent!



It's been nearly 4 years since I had last worked for Halliburton. Early June of 2009, I was laid off in the second round of layoffs in the Rock Springs Base Camp late spring of 2009. It was 2009... many people were afraid of many things including lose their jobs and I was not the only one afraid to lose my job. I lied, on occasion, to keep my job so thick was the fear that was had among all of us. Progressing into that year, I was involved in a roll over accident with one of our trucks in April of 2009. I stayed on for another 2 months but shortly afterwards was laid off.

I spent several months on unemployment and I saw my own cars get repossessed in the coming months after returning to Oregon from Wyoming. I had wished for a better end of my career with Halliburton but such is life. I also wish I had guarded better my integrity as a Halliburton employee. I wasn't always honest in all of my dealings with work. I think I would be better off today if I had been honest because God knows even if men don't! But pride and other regrets has put my soul into jeopardy more times than one!

My sweet wife is patient but so I hope is God too. He preserved my life in that truck rollover accident. He has granted me more time, on this earth, to obtain forgiveness. I picked up habits there that I should never have fallen into and the chiefest among those was a lying tongue. Why keep those things in? Why do I hold onto the disease when it should only spread throughout my entire body and into my eyes, causing darkness to come into my soul? Even then and till today, the lying didn't stop after being let go. Some of that migrated into my personal life.

I nearly lost my family over bad mistakes along with losing my job. I regret many things but among those things was not coming to work for Halliburton. I grew as a man and continue to grow as I ponder on the experience that I had there and the men that I got to work along side of. May God forgive me for my many errors in judgment and preserve me yet for more time, on earth!

Josh Nelson P.S. I never did get a chance to thank Halliburton properly for the good employ that I had with them for that close to nearly 3 years time working with your great company. I was able to support and take good care of my family well. But with the commandments of God, I should not trifled with. On the morrow, I will bring a broken heart and a contrite spirit to the sacrament table hoping to find peace after a long journey into my past. 1 Timothy 1:15, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

No comments: