Saturday, March 30, 2013

Jeremiah 4:19 - The Tummy Ache Scripture

Jeremiah 4:19 ¶My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war. Here is my interpretation, knowing nothing more about this passage of scripture save that it is written in English. - ¶My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; - Ancient prophets of Israel may have been eating food that didn't agree with their stomachs. It gave them heartburn. - my heart maketh a noise in me; - maybe sounds that come from the heart could resemble movement within the bowels. - I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war - watch out... I won't be able to hold my #2 in... so I need to have a toilet and fast and I will sing, "O my soul, the sound of a trumpet, the alarm of war" for my regular singing while in the John musical number. I am about to destroy this outhouse! The End! AMEN!

No comments: